Friday, April 18, 2008

Things I Love

The beautiful, gnarly trees with their branches stretching across Spring Hill Ave. The Spanish moss just drips and conjures phrases like "Fiddle-de-dee" "Tara" and "Rhett, darling"

Gunner grinning up at me with dribbles of baby cereal dripping out of the corner of his mouth (ewww, but sooo cute!)

The ache of muscles (some I didn't know I had!) from working hard in the yard for a couple of days-30 piles of leaves, 20 bags filled and a huge stack of branches! I am woman (uggh, I hate that word) with 3 boys and hear me roar!!!

The smile lines at the corner of my handsome hubby's gorgeous eyes. When they crinkle, it makes my tummy flutter! He is one good-looking guy and he is aging VERY well! Yummy!

Watching Gavin pedal his bike around yelling "I am Super Gavin!" and making the boy-est super hero sounds

Listening to Josiah's reasons he is an expert...on the subject of the day

Having a husband who wishes he could spoil me, but due to lack of funds glumly treats me only to a bag of PB M&Ms...don't worry honey, mmmmm, they are SO better than rubies (maybe not fresh, green emeralds, but definitely better than rubies) !!!

Walking in to see "Mom I luv yoo" on the boys' chalk board

Feeling the warmth of the sun and the waft of the breeze. I love spring in Alabama!!!

7 comments:

Mamapierce said...

What a glorious post! I can visualize the things you wrote about. Just lovely. Springtime is here - hooray! :o)

whitney said...

First off-I'll have you know I was planning on posting today, whether you reminded me or not-so there:P

As for your post-what a cute hubby and adorable boys you have! I love Jos's message, Kit's candy, Gunner's smiles, and Gavin's super-heroing. They're just fabulous!

Sandy said...

I was reading Stephanie's blog and saw that your grandma's maiden name was Cooper and isn't she from the Rexburg area? Mike's grandma's maiden name is Cooper too and Mike said her family is from the Rexburg area too. Wouldn't it be cool if we were related even though we would be distant cousins by marriage?

Parkes Family said...

I love this post i was smiling the whole time i was reading it! The simple things in life are always the best :]

Andrea said...

I know I say this every time, but it is soooo true...I absolutley look forward to reading your post everyday. They are so great. I love Josiah explaining why he is the expert (and you know what, he is so smart that I know that he probably is!), and how sweet is it about kit (I have to agree I love M&M's and emeralds have always been my favorite too). You have the sweetest family and I'm so glad that ya'll are in our ward. I learn from you every day. You're the best!

annie said...

I love your list. Thankfully, "Alabama" hasn't gotten the message that spring weather is usually long gone by now. And that makes working in the yard WAY more enjoyable.

Anonymous said...

Yay!! I loooove your post. I read a post similar to this once and I wanted to do it...I think I might steal this idea. :)
I love the trees down there, too. It makes me think of what the South should look like.
Gunner IS so cute...dribbles and all.
And, I am so proud of you for working so hard in your yard and instilling good, strong work ethics in your boys.
I agree, your husband is cute!
Little Gav and Jos are some of my very favorite people in this whole world and I love them dearly!
Who wouldn't love PB M&M's??!
"Mom, I luv yoo"...is pricless.
And I love spring too; I am jealous of your Alabama weather!
I love you and I love you "love" list! Thank you for your post!!