Thursday, July 8, 2010

Lots of Changes...

Chaos reigns supreme in this household...but, we've been dealing with a little more than normal (can chaos get more chaotic?? hmmm...something to stay up waaay to late dwelling on). We moved from Deep South Alabama to Peninsular Virginia, are proud (or at least will be when things look a little less ghetto) owners of our very-own-cosmetic-fixer-up home and hubby started working at his new post at the training center.

Thanks to my parents, who are so very hard working (or should I say driven...although who was slave-driving who is up for grabs), we were able to get all of the ceiling and walls painted before the movers arrived with our belongings. Taking into account all the prep-work that came before the actual painting-sanding, puttying, patching holes, re-sanding, re-sanding, re-sanding and texturizing the walls- I am amazed one of us didn't just kill over. We're talking about waking up early, going to bed early (early-morning, that is), trapping 3 little boys in various rooms at a time, trying to slap paint on the walls while cooing and blowing kisses to a temperamental 4 month old and straining a back that has been strained way too many times... just remembering starts my head bobbing; now I'm rocking and strange sounds forcing their way up my throat and out of my mouth...please excuse the slight relapse...

I will say the house looks 1000 times better already. No, that is not an exaggeration. Going from magentaish-mauvish walls (and sickly sea-green walls and grey walls that were supposed to be white) to my fabbity-fab shade of aged yellow (think powdered, dried ginger), beautiful blue for the little boys' room and soft fern-like green for Josiah and Emme's room has made the house more light, open and simply better. I will be attempting to tackle the gold (as in gilt gold), baby boy blue and magentaish-mauvish trim soon. I love my new light fixtures and will love my new dishwasher once it arrives. It feels nice to have ownership (or at least borrowing it from the bank) especially with a home warranty. Yes...gotta love AC issues and clogs 75 feet down the line. Thankfully, things are starting to calm down, at least to it's normal chaotic nature.

I will be posting some pics from our Independence Day celebrations, very soon, I promise!


A little shout-out to my brother, Spence- Thanks for the idea for the blog name. A little cheesy, but absolutely perfect!!




10 comments:

whitney said...

yay! yay! yay! yay! I'm so happy you posted!!! I checked my blog roll for the specific purpose of seeing if you posted (as I do like 50 times a day). I love the new look!

I was just thinking how much I love your new blog title...I SO didn't know Spence thought of it! lol.

I hope you took "before" pics of the house...you did, right?! I bet it looks so much better now, it certainly sounds like it does. I'm so jealous of your white and yellow kitchen *dreamy sigh*

Can't wait for the next update!

The DeVito's said...

Congratulations on the home ownership! The to do list will be never ending! We have been remodeling a fixer upper for 6 years! I finally see a light at the end of the tunnel! I wanna see pictures!

Anonymous said...

Horray!! I couldn't believe my ears (or eyes) when Mom told me you posted and then I actually saw!! It was heaven!
I love the new title and background. Oh-so very cute. I love the imagery of all the things you've done...and the slave driven bit, too. Hilarious. I do have to say I am quite dismayed by the lack of pics!! I don't care what it is of...gilt gold trim...whatever. Pics, pics, pics (think mob chanting...)!! Puuuleeeze!!! I love you and am so happy your back to the blogging world!! Kisses!!

Kara and Theo said...

So glad to see you back on! And love the new title. Very clever! Can't wait to see pics!

Coty said...

Hooray! You are back with a bang! I needed a chuckle, a Liberty delivered kind of chuckle -Thanks!
I can't wait to see the pics of everything! And of your family's bright little faces!

Glad you are back!

Jenny said...

Hooray you are back! You have more chaos, er I mean adventures than I could ever handle! You are amazing for tackling home improvements with a new baby. I can barely keep the dishes done and laundry put away let alone think about painting something.

Andrea said...

I guess I'm the only one who got a little teary eyed at the new blog title. I miss the Alabama Apples, but the new title is great (especially since it was inspired by your brother) and I'm glad ya'll are happy!
I can't wait to see pictures of all your hard work. You are so talented. I'm glad you posted too. I have been checking every other day to get an update on your sweet family, and HOORAY for home warranties!

Mamapierce said...

LOVE the new blog design and name! Can't wait to see pictures of your new place in VA! :D

Parkes Family said...

post some pictures soon! I'm glad you guys are at home!...how I wish I could have been there to paint..love to paint! we miss you and your family! <3

Aubrey said...

I feel you on the whole painting thing. Unfortunately we are STILL painting. But it still looks tons better than before. There is just something so refreshing about painting a room. It really does make or break a house. Oh and I want to see before and after pics too.