Friday, May 20, 2011

Maniacs


Behold the Rugged Maniac and Rugged Miniacs...
Kit entered the Rugged Maniac race with a few office buddies last weekend. Seriously, you must be crazy to enter such a race! There are obstacles, running through forested areas, leaping over fire and mud, mud, and more mud! Kit had a blast! Meanwhile, a Miniac course was set up for the younger crazies. Of course my resident loonies took up the challenge.

About to prove how rugged they are
Dancing to the fabulously loud music
Crawling under lines in a mud pit
Climbing over the wall-Gavin would lag behind Josiah in the wall climb, but he would pull ahead every time going through the mud pit and would beat Josiah. Gav was one determined little miniac...
He's a rugged one...who loves him mama...
While the boys were proving themselves, Kit was out proving he was just as rugged. Here he is scaling a wall surrounded by...yep, mud.
The enormous slide the guys had to go down to reach the last leg of the race. They zoom down into a giant puddle of mud! All of them said this was their absolute favorite part.

The real fire pit they had to leap over. I watched them stoke it up a few times
Here they are, the manly-men...the Rugged Maniacs!

Emme chillin'

Eating all the calories burned off in the form of cheese fries, corn dogs and bbq sandwiches
By the end of the afternoon, we were all beat and more than a little grouchy
Crazy, yep...the house is full of them. What is even crazier, there's another race in October and we're entering it...together. Uh-huh, I got sucked into this one, let's see if I'll pull through. Wish me luck in my training. I simply must prove I am worthy to be spouse to the Rugged Maniac and mother to my Rugged Miniacs!

9 comments:

Charee B Mcclellan said...

Haa haa..this is a fun post! I love dirt...well sometimes. ;)

Anonymous said...

How fun for the guys in your family!! I loved all of the pictures!! I can't believe how muddy they make sure everyone gets! :) Miniacs...definitely a suitable name for the little men. Love it! :) Thanks for all of the cute pics, too! I especially loved the one of Gun-Gun dancing. So cute. Emme is so sweet just chillin'. Now, are you suuurrreee??? you want to get thaaattt dirty???

Mamapierce said...

Love it! I'm sure you needed a break from all the craziness - if there ever is such a thing, right? Great pictures - you have such a fun family! :D

Jenny said...

What is with men and dirt?

Actually I think it looks a little fun myself.

whitney said...

Ahhh, I love it all! LOVE the pictures. Steph is right, that dancin' pic of Gun is fabulous! Ohhh, I so miss your men (and little lady too!)

Spence would be sooo all over that! I would consider it...I suppose...if they promised to rake the dirt for worms for me first.

Sandy said...

Looks like a fun time. I can't wait to see the pictures from when you race. I don't remember you being the competitive/sporty type but you got to do what you got to do especially when you have boys.

Heidi said...

what a cool race. And I love your easter pics. What darling kids!

Aubrey said...

What fun! I totally tried to comment on this post a while ago but stupid blogger wouldn't let me. Your kids look like hoots!

holyoak said...

Will you get to dance like Gunner? If so, I want to see a picture of that! I already know you're tough enough to snort and paw crap with the bulls ; )