Friday, January 11, 2008

Best Friends

Today has been a much better day despite being a busy laundry, childcare, clean-the-house day. Just as a side-note, the man claims he just said he threw the kids over, but really had someone watching them. The police haven't found them yet, but here's hoping that is the truth.

I just had to write today, because there was a wonderful Mommy Moment that happened. Gavin came and sat beside me today (I was sitting on the floor folding laundry) and gave me a big hug. I hugged him back and smiled at him. Very seriously, grabbing my cheeks so I would look right at him, he said, "Mama you're my bess fwen." I'm his best friend! It made me smile and thank the Lord, again, that I am able to be a mom. *Click* I want that image in my memory for life.

I much prefer being called a best friend over being called a mean mama (Gavin's choice mean name) or a pooh-head (Josiah's choice mean name).

3 comments:

The DeVito's said...

How cute! I can't wait until I get to have to experiences!

Dirk and Trish said...

I love those moments. It dissolves all the stress, frustration, and grubby fingerprints of the day. What a sweety!

Anonymous said...

How cute. I can just see little Gav saying that. He is so sweet...yet still such a little boy. It does make all the "mean names" fade away a little bit more, huh. :)